Tuesday 16 September 2014

Amazing water conservation with banana plants



During my  tenure at khammam city, I lived in SS towers in VDOs colony. In the rainy season, the parking lot of the apartment was with full of water, causing a lot of nuisance. I have thought of solutions to meet the needs of the situation. I have recollected that in suryapet, I have planted the banana plants in the water logging areas. But, then I have not monitored the results of the initiative directly. But, my feedback from the staff was encouraging.

I got brought the banana plants from the suryapet and 3 three plants among them was planted in our apartment. It has taken about 2 months time to grow up. New seedlings have come up from the plants.The water sucking capacity of banana plants were amazing and astonishing. The floor area of the building is about 350 square yards.The total water out of the floor wes sucked by the banana plants.
As per my observation, there were no more water logging in the apartment any more.


No comments:

Post a Comment