Wednesday 10 September 2014

Pre-Paid Autoricksha system of Bengaluru

During 2004, I visited Banglore . During that visited Lalbagh park.I stayed in the Lodge near RailWay station. I have to go in a auto.When I tried to catch a auto, people in the lodge explained about the Pre-Paid Autoricksha system. The advantages of the system attracted me  like any thing.I decided to make it a reality in my working place in future.I tried to implement it in Khammam municipal Corporation limits.Auto unions opposed it strongly.Even I wanted to establish a call centre for the benifit of above initiative to ensure autos reaching every nook and corner.

The procedure involved in the system was that every traveller intended to travel in the city has to register themselves in the computer, duly telling the personal information and place of travelling. The person in the counter used to collect the pre decided user charge and give the receipt cum ticket.

However,  I enlist the advantages of the above system as follows :

1.It ensures safety of travellers ,especially in the night time, as details of both auto driver and travellers are noted in the computer.
2.It also ensures the equitable opportunity to auto drivers, since they have to maintain the queue.
3.It minimises the unnecessary squeezing of ignorant people, especially rural people who lack the power of negotiating.
4.It ensure regular flow of vehicles available for the travellers.
5.It is a wonderful step ahead in the safe journey of women.
6.It is a wonderful step in the tourist places, as it ensures the reliability.

The point here I would like to tell is that similar initiatives can be emulated in all the municipal corporations in the first phase for the safety, transparency and quality services by autos.


No comments:

Post a Comment